Significant company in the history of Turcot. It started out as the Canada Car Company in 1905 and its plant at Turcot, Montreal was completed in August 1905 and had a capacity of 7,500 freight cars and 150 passenger cars per year. Full story here.
In 1909 this plant joined in the merger with Dominion Car & Foundry Co., Montreal, and Rhodes, Curry & Co., Amherst, N.S. under the name Canadian Car & Foundry Co.
Various buildings belonging to CC&F were located along the north side of the Lachine Canal or just along the south side of Highway 20.
Some offices were here
And this was a pattern shop
Here is a detail of the large main plant located on Place Turcot (street)
Today the main plant is covered in the aluminum siding of the Krueger papermill company.
And here is a view from above showing the ol CC&F plant (Krueger)and in the upper left a much busier Turcot Yard and the Interchange.
For more Industrial Photographs from McGill University please go here.